Chances are if you have landed on this page you have either
1. Ordered an elderberry kit from me and are looking for Instant Pot Instructions or
2. You are looking to order an elderberry syrup making kit. If you are looking to order an elderberry kit from me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For instructions… here you are 🙂
Instant Pot Instructions
You Will Need
1 Organic Elderberry Kit
(Kit ingredients: Organic elderberries, organic ginger, organic cinnamon, & organic clove)
4 1/2 cups of filtered water
1/2 cup of raw, local honey (add more if you prefer sweeter)
2 1/2 cup (or larger) glass jar
- Add water to your Instant Pot (pressure cooker)
- Dump in the elderberry kit contents.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure cook mode, cooking on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes is complete, let the Instant Pot natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
**If you prefer your elderberry syrup thicker, you can do a simmer reduction on the syrup after the 10 minute release. Remove the lid, turn the pot on to Sauté mode and let it simmer for 5-15 minuets. Stir it frequently so it does not burn to the sides or bottom of the pot.**
- Turn the Instant Pot off using the cancel or off button. Let liquid cool until you are able to handle the pan.
- Mash the elderberries using a potato masher or large spoon.
- Pour the liquid through a mesh strainer in to a glass bowl.
- Discard the elderberry mash.
- Let the liquid cool to warm temperature and add in your honey.
- Stir well until the honey is mixed in to the mixture.
- Pour in the jar, close the lid, and refrigerate.
½ – 1 teaspoon for kids
½ – 1 tablespoon for adults
Daily or increase during a time of illness