Gluten free apple cinnamon muffins are a great way to bring the flavors of autumn in to your home. Whether you are using an abundance of apples that you got while apple picking or you are bringing the flavors of fall to your plate, you will absolutely love these muffins.
Our journey in to gluten free has been a lot of fun. We have experimented and tried new recipes along the way. Some recipes are total flops, but these muffins are a total win.
Gluten Free Flour
I have tried several gluten free flour blends and so far my favorite seems to be from Bob’s Red Mill, the Gluten Free All Purpose blend. I have used the 1 to 1 Baking Flour and thought it tasted a little gummy whenever I made baked goods. Another gluten free flour blend I really like is King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour Blend.
A reminder about gluten free flours, make sure you spoon your flour in to the measuring cup and level off. Scooping straight from the bag of flour will leave your baked goods tasting dense.
Tips for Baking Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Finally I have to tell you some of my favorite things for baking, especially these muffins. If you haven’t tried Vietnamese Cinnamon, I highly recommend giving it a try. I love this bulk bag of Vietnamese ground cinnamon from Frontier. It is such a sweet addition to these Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins, plus you can use it in so many other recipes.
Lastly, if you cook muffins often you will want to try these muffin cups. I just recently started using these muffin liners and they are incredible. I was having a really tough time baking muffins because my muffins were sticking to the basic muffin papers. These muffin liners don’t stick and peel away easily from the muffins when they are cooked. It makes it so much easier to offer my little one a muffin, without worrying if half of it is going to be stuck to the paper.
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour (I like Bob's Red Mill) *Scoop your flour in to the cup with a spoon and level off. See note in blog*
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1/3 cup almond milk or more juice
- 1/2 cup apple, cored and diced About 1 medium apple
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add in all of the wet ingredients in to the bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 liners or grease with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the streusel together. Mix the ingredients until they are crumbly. Sprinkle about 1/2 Tablespoon on each of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.